YOGA NIDRA: MEDITATION
Time & Location
About the Event
Yoga Nidra (also known as Yogic Sleep) is a potent and powerful method of inducing complete physical, mental and emotional relaxation while maintaining consciousness. It is said that 30 minutes of Yoga Nidra practice is equivalent to up to 4 hours of restful sleep. Yoga Nidra not only brings about total relaxation, but also prepares the mind for spiritual evolution.
In normal sleep conditions, consciousness is absent so that the subconscious mind takes charge. Yoga Nidra inducing the hypnagogic state - the state between waking and sleeping. This is the state where our true essence dwells. Perfect for planting the seeds of our dreams, wants and wishes - and allowing them to manifest into our life.
Benefits of Yoga Nidra Meditation include:
- Promotes deep relaxation and restorative rest
- Detoxifies the body
- Reduces stress and anxiety levels
- Relieves emotional and mental tension
- Clears the subconscious mind
- Enhances memory and learning capacity
- Increased creativity and energy levels
- Improves senses and body awareness
- Optimal functioning of the endocrine system
- Extremely beneficial in the treatment of insomnia, psychological disorders and psychosomatic disease.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A MEDITATION SESSON AND NOT A YOGA EXERCISE CLASS
The session will include gentle warm up movements, pranayama (breathing) exercises, guided meditation and visualisation.
Please ensure you prepare a comfortable space for the session (somewhere you don't mind falling asleep) along with a yoga mat, blanket and pillow for your comfort.
Please note that body temperature tends to drop during deep relaxation, so you may like to dress warmly and/or have an extra blanket.
This session is currently being offered on a donation basis. We have suggested three tiers:
Suggested donation: £15 Full Price - (Income)
Suggested donation: £10 Part Concession - (Low Income)
Suggested donation: £5 Full Concession - (No Income)
The meeting ID and Password for the live zoom stream will be sent to you in your confirmation email upon receipt of your donation.
- YOGA NIDRA: MEDITATION£15£150£0
- YOGA NIDRA: MEDITATION£10£100£0
- YOGA NIDRA: MEDITATION£5£50£0